Representatives of DUIT participated in the unique exhibition event Nor-Shipping 2023 in Oslo, Norway. The event featured the following conferences:
- Ocean Leadership Conference (June 6, 2023)
- The 2nd Nor-Shipping Hydrogen Conference (June 7, 2023)
- The 1st Offshore Wind Conference (June 7, 2023)
- The 1st Offshore Aquaculture Conference (June 7, 2023)
- The 4th International Ship Autonomy & Sustainability Summit (June 8, 2023) • Technical Seminars (June 6-8, 2023)
Prominent global leaders, leading experts, and recognized industry players shared their insights and experiences on how the maritime industry can tackle the challenges ahead.
Notable speakers at the conferences included:
- Special Presidential Envoy for Climate of the United States, John Kerry
- Secretary-General of the International Maritime Organization (IMO), Kitack Lim
- Nobel laureate in economics, Joseph E. Stiglitz
- Minister of Climate and Environment of Norway, Espen Barth Eide
- Founder and CEO of Fortescue Metals Group, Dr. Andrew Forrest, and others.
High-level participants and experts (over 700 individuals) discussed how leading countries and regions are exchanging national and international developments in autonomous vessels and shipping.
This year’s edition focused on the achievements that have already been realized and the practical application of mass technologies in the near future. It will be done in light of new challenges related to increasing demands for the resilience, sustainability, and adaptability of international and national transportation.